THE UNCERTAINTY OF THE SEASON:
None of us can predict what will happen related to the COVID-19 public health crisis, so we have to be flexible in the plans for the season. No organized practice nor use of school facilities until March 27th, and I expect that to be extended until at least April 6th. The status of The updated MSHSL directive is here: https://mshsllivestorage.blob.core.windows.net/public/MSHSLActivityLimitationsMarch17_2020.pdf
We ecourage you to work on your own! Keys are strength, balance, and swing mechanics.
Anything that can improve your core strength, (sit-ups, planks, etc), shoulder, arm, hand strength, flexibility, and swing mechanics and tempo will help you in the long run. There are numerous web-sites with golf exercises and drills that you can use to keep sharp during this time with no facilities to access. With all the free time you now have, try to establish a workout routine and follow it each day. Make it a goal to be dedicated to this routine. Use this time to better yourself physically and mentally!
PAC information: (There may be an official PAC meeting later – but just in case)
Captain: Lily Aaberg
Schedule: High School Activities – Girls Golf – calendar (Expect changes as season gets started)
Goals, Expectations, and structure of the teams:
To facilitate more hands-on coaching to every player, and to connect younger players with more experienced players, our goal is to have all players practice together as much as possible. We will not “officially” designate players as JV players, rather the players in the lower tier of the squad will play JV matches and the upper tier will play varsity matches. We will do our best to have each player’s schedule the previous Friday as to when she will practice or play matches for the upcoming week.
- Courses: Bent Creek, Bearpath, Olympic Hills, Chaska Town Course range, Glen Lake range
- Player ranking method and criteria: Competition scores – Attitude and attendance
- These rankings will be adjusted as the season progresses based upon weekly scores
- Expectations: Commitment is five days a week. Fridays are usually shorter 3:00-4:15
- Typical week
- 2 conference matches (9 holes) 8 players play 1-6 counted, 7-8 exhibition
- One 18 hole invite (players usually need to miss some school) 6 players
- Players not in matches have practice on course or range-greens (BC, BP, OH, CTC, GL)
- Region squad decision making:
- The six players will be determined by season ranking, late season improvement- scores. All things equal, the upper-class player earns right to play. (Attitude & commitment play a factor)
- Lettering criteria: Player’s score counted in at least 6 matches, or coachs’ discretion.
LOGISTICS: Practices begin at the designated site each day, players are responsible for rides to and from the practice facility. We encourage players-parents to pool rides. Spectator viewing: stay 30 yards behind players, you may not give advice but we encourage you to applaud good play by all players in the group you are following. You may help players look for lost balls, etc.
Summer golf opportunities:
We highly recommend playing summer competitive golf. Junior PGA http://www.minnesotajuniorgolf.com
Other opportunities for the more advanced players http://www.minnesotajuniorgolf.com & AJGA